Monday, September 29, 2014

Love, God, And The Salvation!

Dear Family and Frineds,
 This week gave a guy a blessing and her started to cry, it was amazing to see the lord work through him and thorugh us. He was super sick and his wife is a member. ADn he asked us for a priesthood blessing, as we were giving the blessing he could barley stop from crying and totally broke down. before we gave him the blessing we shared a scripture with him that is in Doctrine And Covenants, That says we should care about what God wants and the rest will fall into place. This week I have really felt that this is true, even though it can be hard as we do what the Lord wants everything will fall into place. In a talk by President holland named ¨the bitter cup and the bloody baptism¨ he makes a reference to C.S. Lewis where he describes God as a surgeon.
  He states the following: But suppose that what you are up against is a[wonderfully skilled] surgeon whose intentions are [solely and absolutely] good. [Then], the kinder and more conscientious he is,[the more he cares about you,] the more inexorably he will go on cutting [in spite of the suffering it may cause. And] if he yielded to your entreaties, if he stopped before the operation was complete, all the pain up to that point would have been useless. . . . [pp. 49–50]
[So I am, you see, one] of God’s patients, not yet cured. I know there are not only tears [yet] to be dried but stains [yet] to be scoured. [My] sword will be made even brighter.
The Lord is forming us to be something greater than we really are and as we trust in him and Love him with all our heart might mind and strength he will create us into somehting we never thought we could be...  SUre we know we will be Gods one day but do we really undersatnd what that is like?? I can´t wait to be like my Heavenly Father.
This week, I have felt the love of my savior and of my heavenly Father. He wants what is best for us. I know he Loves us and is always there for us! 
I want you to know how much I lvoe you all so much. And I want what is best for each one of you!!
About my Week: 
This week we have wroked in trying to find more people. we have met a ton of great people.!)
We are working on an incomplete family named the ANgel family. Every one is a membet except on edaughter named Candela and her Bropther. CAmila is also her sister who got baptized.
In our area we get around by walking a lot! ANd we use a bus. Almost in all of Buenos Aires, you have to use bus to get around. It is a quite interesitng experinece when it is super full of people. Usually it is quite calm.
Also We have to go to another compueter... they are closing up here... one second!
love you!!

This week we have  meeting as zone leaders and we are going to teach our zone what the president wants us to help the zone. Also as a mission we focus  a bunch on the Book of Mormon and finding through the members! SO we will see. but the zone is so great. 
The craziest thing I have ever ate... Would have to be.. we have eaten blood susge.. also yesterday while we were eating lunch a guy caught  frog and wanted to eat it... he had been drinking  a couple of drinks... But I said I wasn't going to eat it.. I didn´t think it was  good idea to share the gospel with him in the moment.. he was way funny.
Also yesterday I saw Elder Erickson ( he is the neighbor of Michael Peterson!)  at the farewell of Elders and the Sister Missionaries.
all in all it has been a great week! 
Love,
Elder Hicks

P.S. The mission is so great I love it so much

Mom, Just so you know, I would love for you to come down in February... I want you to come and see what it is like in Argentina and I want you to get to know My converts. also I would love for Brennan to come.
Love you all,
Elder HIcks



Love you more!) haha

No comments:

Post a Comment