Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Transfers! Who left?

Dear Family, 
It has been another great week in the mission. I am a little bit fatter, A little bit smarter, and a little bit closer to my heavenly father. !) ja and I hope this next week goes exactly the same! ja 
   About transfers! Elder Molina and I are now not companions... My new compnion is Elder Bobadilla and is from Mexico He is from Mexico City. This week We took a couple of pictures but I do not have to much to send. ( i sent a picture like always with me and My book of mormon... It ry to always get the book of mormon inthe picutre.)  Let me tell you I am loving the mission so much. As a zone, we had 19 baptisms in one month and we are going to keep growing!! 
This week I loved the general conference, I especially loved the talk by Elder Robbbins about how we should only fear God and not the men. We are here to serve God and Not sreve Men or try to be popular but to be obedient to our heavenly Father.  The mission really has been one of the hardest things i have eer done and feel like the Lord is making me someody that I need to be. And helping me become a man and not just a little boy. If I know something and it is true I must stand by that and support it. A quick story that I read by legrand richards: a man was in the Army and they had to support their captain by drinking to him. One man who was a member of hte church drank a glass of milk and when the captain saw that he drank milk he was surprised and asked the young man... ¨ why did you drink milk to support me...? ´ the young man then told his captain that he drank milk bexause he had ecided that he was not going to drink alcohol because his god did not permit him to do these things. The captain then said ¨tomorrow I want to talk to you in my office¨ Thne legrand richards say thta he supposed the boy did not sleep at all that night... i imagine that i would not sleep well either... after that the boy goes to his office and the captain gives him a raise or gives him a position in the army. the captain told the boy in the army that h eliked people who stood up for what they thought was right. This story has helped me a lot this week. Even if we think the whole world is against us... But the lords wants us to do it... We must fear the lord and we must do it... Thinking about ether being the only prophet when all of the jaredites were wicked. I´m sure the example of ether also helped a very lonely moroni when he was alone and he did not have anyone ot talk to about the plates... 
some of his last word ¨and I make not myself knownto the Lamanites lest they should destroy me.
 2 For behold, their wars are exceedingly fierce among themselves;and because of their hatred they put to death every Nephite thatwill not deny the Christ. 3 And I, Moroni, will not deny the Christ; wherefore, I wanderwhithersoever I can for the safety of mine own life.¨

I testify that we are never alone and that Christ is always with us, and if we must do something and we know it is right we should just do it.
I love you all and I hope you have a great week. 
Love,
Elder Hicks
P.s. Mom the picture that i sent was from a farewell of Elders. and also if you want to know you are such a beautiful mom and A lot of people here think i look like you!


-I am doing great out here on the mission and I am going ot work harder than ever to return with Honor!!!
The photo is of my companion and me!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment