Monday, October 20, 2014

Come unto Christ

Dear Family and friends,
    I don´t know if I have told you or not but I truly love the mission. Also A member in our ward fixed my memory card, so the memory card that i was using to send pictures now works and i can send all the pictures that i have not sent you!!
MOm, Thank you so much for your email. I really love your testimony, and i am going to get better sending you information about how my week is going. 

This week as a zone we have really focused on having group effort. And working with the members. So this week we all did divisions within our zone to be able to wrok even harder. THis week on tuesday and on friday we are all going to do divisons to be able to have a group success. Also as a companionship we worked so hard all week. As we went to bed each night i was sososo tired. ja son´t thin i have ever been so tired before and been so happy. 

      Well, on monday we started at 6 and we taught some people but we still did not see an success... on tuesday we did divisions i was with ELder Edmonds who just arrived from Utah. and he helped me learn so much about how to use the spirit. on wednesday we worked and rode are bikes! and on thursday we kept working but still noone showed up... I thinhk god is and was trying to try our patience... then on saturday as we were trying to find some less actives a man named Pedro Vargas from PAraguay called us over( He told us that his name is from mexico! Im pedro Vargas From MExico!) so we started talking to him and he told us he had been preparing to be baptized for 5 years in Paraguay and he wanted to be baptized. So we agave him a book of mormon and we taught him.. God really blessed us. (this was on saturday) on saturday night we looked for more peoplet to teach but we coul not find anyone until saturday night at about 8 30,,, it was another miracle...

     Then on sunday night at around 6 oclock, we only have had 2 investigators for 2 weeks and these 2 investigators we found in the past 2 days... at this hour we recieved a referral from the offices named Karla so we went and visited her she opened her door and said ¨Hola Chicos vinieron!¨ You came boys¨ ( here it is normal for them to call us boys) as we taught her we felt the spirit very strong that she was an chosen person form God. She had gone to the church in other places. And had already read part of the Book of mormon until chapter 10. We talked to her a little bit about baptism and she agreed to be baptized this weekend... It truly was a miracle from God. 

  I know God prepares people to be able to share the gospel with them. this week required much patience, but I have realized that the lord always blesses us. I like Alma,   
...would declare unto every soul, as with the voice of thunder, repentance and the plan of redemption, that they should repent and come unto our God, that there might not be more sorrow upon all the face of the earth.
 3) But behold, I am a man, and do sin in my wish; for I ought to be content with the things which the Lord hath allotted unto me.
    I don´t tell you this to brag but to let you know that helping others to repent and to change therir lives really brings so much Joy. If we can come unto Christ and do what he wants from us we will have so much joy.
I would like to give a challenge to everyone this week that we can ask ourselves... What can I do to come more unto Christ? 
    He will help us grow and help us to overcome our trials that we all have, I promise that as we come more unto Christ, We will have peace in our Lives.
I love you all so much and I love this gopel, this next week we are planning to do even more divisions as a zone and to hopefully help mroe people make covenants with God. 

Love,
Elder Troy Hicks


P.S. I hope that Mom I will always be that innocent little boy who did not know how to say ¨r¨. I love you so much. I am going to focus even more on my mission right now so that I can sleep 15 hours on the plane. I hope you have fun in provo and that you dress warm for the ocassion. 


I just wanted to share a song with you that has really helped me out htis past week feel the love of god.
Love,


1. old pictures that I had to send you!




  ELder Barragan and I reppen¨

 El Obilisco! last year!

 In North Carolina, not knowing spanish, teaching to our mission leader...

 Elder Tenney, Elder Clawson, Eler Castillo


La familia angel! the are recent converts and they are so nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment