Monday, August 4, 2014

Aug. 4

Dear Family and Friends,
Well this week has truly been one of the best weeks ever!! Susana was baptized
The Story of Susana:
SO Susana acts like our Grandma, the other day she bought us cinnamon rolls from starbucks here in Belgrano. Also the day before her baptism, ( if you remember how we talked about tithing) she decided that she was going to pay tithing. That's what God wants is much more important the earthly needs. Also yesterday Susana was confirmed a memebr of the chruch! This week as we were talking to her she said she wanted to help Liliana be baptized, so she went on a visit with us... Susana also told us one day ¨i just want to convert everyone to the church!¨ jaja she is 68 years old and she acts like she is just a young girl! haha she is so great! 
The story of Liliana: 
Liliana was baptized yesterday! She was a contact from the sister missionaries in a town north of us called Nuñez. But she said she wanted to be baptized the first week we met her. On saturday night we went to her house with Eliana, SUsana, And another convert named Carlos Borjas and we watched the restoration. The spirit was so strong, After we watched the restoration she got really excited for her baptism and started to bear her testimony how she knew the church was true! Yesterday she got baptized and after she came out of the water she looked at me and sighed a huge sigh... she cried in the bathroom with Susana. 
Liliana and Susana are so great! really they are super great. Susana is so converted and everytime we arrive at the home of Liliana she has already read all of the reading and has all the Book of Mormon marked up. the mission is so amazing!!
Let´s just say the Lord is blessing Belgrano so much right now! 
Also some good news, I have lost a bunch of weight... I finally don´t have baby cheeks any more... jaja but really mom... i remember your comment that you made me on skype.. ´Wow Troy there is more of you...¨haha It stuck with me just so you know!)
We are also teaching another friend of Sister Sar right now form Columbia named Diana. She lives with Eliana and on saturday night they both went to bed at 4 in the morning... because they were watching the movie about joseph smith. When we heard about that i started to laugh for Joy! 
This place in Belgrano is going to explode with more baptisms in the coming months! Our mission leader named hermano Abad works in the MTC of Argentina and now we are going to put in a ward mission plan!! Also on the 15th we are going to have a ward activity where elder Jewett and I are going ot help the members do minute to win it... ANy fun ideas for Argentines??? also we are going to do a relay race with the members and they have to dress like us!! hopefully everyone can fit into my misssionary pants... haha 

I hope I explained will enough the stories of Susana and Liliana... they are so great mom. Susana already wants to do more visits with us and acts like our grandma and is always smiling. she is really good friends with Elanan and the family Sar. Liliana is so great also, she has a lot of problems with her family but always says with God he will help me. It stinks that the front yard is going to be torn up.... I love what you said that the material things don´t matter. Also I want you to know something... I LOVE YOU

Family: 
I am absolutly so greatful for this week that we were able to be sealed! WoooHOO we are truly going to be sealed for all eternity and well... forever! ha thanks to our Jesus Christ our saviour, and to the sealing power. This morning i was reading a little bit in my handy dandy preach my gospel about how families can live togehter forever. It hit me how blessed we are, That the Lord has blessed us with a family with loved ones, fathers and mothers brothers and sister,, with people that we care for and with people that care for us more than themselves... I make a promise right now to the lord, (even though i have made it before) that i will do everything possible to see us together in the celestial kingdom together. I know it is there with all my heart and soul, I KNOW!
I love each one of you and I am so greatful for our saviour, I know Jesus Christ Loves. I also know that the book of mormon is true and that by the priesthood and authority of God we will and can live together. I am ready to share this message with the whole world!! 
Love,

Elder Hicks

1. WELL I think it expliains itself
2. Rio del Plata! its like an ocean, but its a river!!

3. technopolis we went there last p day! it is a plave of science and technology! way cool, Argentina is going to keep growing












 Susana

Elder Hicks, Liliana, Susana, Elder Jewett




*Mom, i hope you thought my letter was a little funnier today.. I can´t compete with Trevor McClaws... and Jackson Sellers... ahah love you*


No comments:

Post a Comment