Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Nov 5


Wow it sounds like you are all having a great week and it is so great
to see that are family  really is progressing.
And Makenna looks great with her things for Halloween.
2. I am keeping a Journal each day. I have missed about 5 days during
the mission and it is my goal to continue with this until the end of
my mission. It is so cool to see how i am changing througho0ut my
mission and it is literally impossible to remember all of the miracles
that we experience.

this week we had the baptism of Abril and of Ramon.
It went so well, it was the first baptism that I have had that I was
really worried, because I was senior companion, after a little bit one
of my leaders named Hermano Reodriguez told me to be calm... this
really struck me. up to this moment in my mission I have done
everything rushed and as fast as I can... I have worried a lot and not
lived in the moment like i should.. the moment that he said that i
think will change the rest of my life. This transfer we have worked
hard. we entered a new area and we had 2 baptisms and i know that the
lord is pleased with what we have done, but also he wants me to
recognize that to help others not everything has to be perfect, as
long as we are trying are hardest to be obedient and trying our
hardest to help others we will be blessed. not everything is perfect.
This transfer has changed my life and I know every transfer in the
mission will continue to change my life.
Love,
Elder Hicks






I did not share a scripture with you..
I know that only through christ can we overcome the spiritual death and the physical death it is so great to know that we are going to live again with our father..
Mosiah 16;9 He is the light and the life of the world; yea, a light that is endless, that can never be darkened; yea, and also a life which is endless, that there can be no more death.
I invite you to think about what the scripture really means... and i hope you are all still reading the book of moromon everday for christmas we are all going to finish it.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how clean his place is! I hope they keep it that way all the time. That's a good lesson to learn to be calm and take life slowly. We are so rushed all of the time.

    ReplyDelete