Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Nov. 11


I still have the same companion, Also i did not hear about the typhoon in the philippines, I will keep the peopele that have been impacted in my prayers.
HA Dad about your comment of me waving to people.. i don{t wave to everyone but i make sure that i have the opportunity to say hi to everyone that i see.. i hope they don´t think we are weird.
I recently read a letter from Elder Sellers and I am realizing how different each mission is for each missionary. How different it is and the different challenges people face in each part of the world. This week I have gained a strong testimony that I know i am where I supposed to be. Also I am starting to understand that each moment that we have hsa ben organized specifically for us and each second is measured by God, that hopefully we can use to be happy and use to grow.
This week we had trials but also we had the opportunity to see 2 confirmations. Of Ramon and of Abril, not that i want to say it but we arrived late to the sacrament meeting with Ramon ( probably the worst i have felt on my mission) but it was all okay. Our bishop is so patient and he still gave us time during the sacrament meeting to confirm him as a member of the church of Jesus Chirst of Latter day Saints. Such a blessing. Also Abril with her Mom arrived late but she had a chance to be confirmed also. These next couple weeks are of utter importance to teach them the doctrine of arriving on time... hopefully as i teach it I will come to understand it... ha
Elder Paricahua and I are doing so much better each week. He is such a great companion. I am beginning to see his growth and it is such a blessing to see your companion change through the gospel... (Maybe Mom you have seen a change in Dad thorugh the years with the gospel.) He has grown in so many ways and is truly becoming a man of God. As i am seeing him change through the atonement i am filled with so much happiness.
This week with Elder Paricahua in our training we learned a lot about using the Book of Mormon to testify, we had an opportunity to apply our learnings in the house of one of our investigators. We were passing by the house and a man came outside form another church and he started preaching to us. I was thinking wow if you really knew what the truth was you would be so much happier. after he finished talking Elder Paricahua started preaching of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon, once he finished we asked him if he would read the invitation that Moroni gives in Moroni 10.3-5,  He said no so then i started to read it, the spirit was so strong.    After we read it Elder Paricahua bore his testimony of the Book of Mormon.  It was such a great moment to have to see and to have th eexperience to testify of the Book of Mormon even though the man did not accept our invitation i felt so satisfied. 
This week we don't have a cellular so we are again living with the Zone Leaders in The Plaza of José C. PAz, It is really fun to live with them, each night we always laugh. I am not sure when we will be able to go to our other apartment again.
This Saturday we are having a conference with 2 apostles! Elder Holland and Elder Christofferson are coming to our mission. I am so excited more excited that a girl would be if she was gong to a concert of Justin Beiber.. Ha maybe, but i know that the spirit is going to be so strong. and that this day will probably change my life. 
The mission life is so great and i Love you all so much
Love,
Elder Hicks 
P.S. I hope you are all on track with your readings of the book of mormon we have to finish it by Christmas.. I am in Alma.

SWABH
See you soon.. time is flying by...

No comments:

Post a Comment