Monday, October 28, 2013

Oct 28


Dear family,
I already have received the packages, they came really quick.
I know Elder Chriss from the MTC, he is in my group of missionaries, and I can’t believe he is still waiting; only god knows why others wait more than others.
My foot is doing better; I have a couple of pictures to send they are a little gross...
This week has been spectacular with the work. I wish I could have a picture of Ramon, but I still don’t... He cut his hair this week and also found a suit to wear to church! I have to tell you he looked so good. This week we really have to have more support from the members to come to his baptism. Also we need to find a place where he can have a proper bath. I know that the Lord will provide a way if we are working hard. The baptism of Ramon is this Sunday.
Abril is doing so great; Her mom is so excited about being back in church. This Saturday they are going to the temple with the ward. The baptism of Abril is this Sunday also and we are so excited. And so is she. It is incredible that an 11 year old can understand so much about the church. We still have so much to teach her and this week we need to work especially hard to teach her everything.
This week we moved only a little ways from our other pension. This new pension is huge also, i'm sure we are going to have new missionaries move in with us and we will probably live with 4. In the next 2 weeks we have 50 new missionaries coming into our mission. It is truly a miracle to have so many missionaries.
I don’t have any pictures of the new pension but it is very nice.
By the way how is Elder Willardson doing in the mission? I think about him, and wonder what is going on in Brazil?
This week i have worked really hard on being humble... It is truly one of my favorite characteristics of Christ. It is hard because everyone has a little bit of pride in something, but the more I learn about humility the better I feel.
I love you all so much...

Makenna,
Makenna, How are you? I really love you and I hope you are doing great in school and are achieving all your goals that you have. Please stick to you goals that you have with god. You always need to be true to your baptismal covenant and you will receive so many blessing, I know that the Lord gives these laws for a reason, to be happy for forever, I am so glad you don’t date and I give you an invitation to stick to yourself and be strong and if you have a question on what is good ask the lord.
Love,
Elder Hicks

Keep being obedient
Mosiah 2: 41
And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and ahappy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out cfaithful to the end they are received into dheaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it.

I hope you can take this invitation from king Benjamin and be obedient as our first priority and everything else will work out.
Much love,
Elder Troy Hicks
Love you all so much you can’t believe it!
SWABH, SEE you soon









No comments:

Post a Comment