Monday, June 23, 2014

June 23

Dear Family,
First of all, I would like to thank you Mom for the E-mail and for the tips on how to be a better companion! I really appreciate the help. Also Dad, I talked to president and he said it would be great for the family to come down, to be able to set it up, it would be better for you to talk through the offices. (you can address it to offices of the mission Buenos Aires Argentina, I am pretty sure that Elder Lines from the offices will answer your email, he is a senior missionary here). 
Love you!
This week also has been a great week and a little crazy! We have visited so many families! I mean so many families! We put a goal to help someone be baptized at the end of this week, and we went to every house that we knew of people that had already gone to the church, we looked in the area book, in the progress reports and we visited all of them. And guess what happened! ... FOR now we did not find anyone. It was pretty fun making a set plan and then executing it but we did not find anyone that wanted to listen to the message... But I learned so many great things from this lesson. Even though we did not have super much success, like Thomas Edison said after someone asked him about how he felt when he failed 100 times trying to create the light bulb.. he said ¨I did not fail, I found 100 ways NOT to make a light bulb¨ This week and every week in the mission I find many ways not to do missionary work. 
Something that was so great is that the Father of Santo came to church! YAY for MIRACLES! hah As missionaries we always see so many tender mercys of the Lord... We are so far away from perfect but the Lord is always helping us to become better and he alwas, ALWAYS forgives us. The song of come thou font really wraps up how he makes me feel… 
"O to grace how great a debtor daily I'm constrained to be!
Let thy goodness like a fetter, bind my wandering heart to thee
Prone to wander Lord I feel it, prone to leave the God I love
Here's my heart, O take and seal it, seal it for thy courts above"



Sometimes as missionaries and people we just want him to make us do what is right so we can enjoy his great blessings. and the wonderful prescence of the Holy Ghost. 

I certainly Love our Lord Jesus Chirst and his love that he has for us as human beings and as his brothers and sister
Have to go! Love you so much!
Love,

Elder Hicks!


Mom,
One more thing,
I sent the package and I really hope it arrives... It has some the things that I made for you on Mothers Day...  thanks Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment