Monday, December 15, 2014

Merry Christmas #sharethegift

Dear Mom, 
 I hope you know how much I love you . I am trying so hard to finish strong and help so many more families come unto Christ. we have seen so many miracles this past week. And next monday I am going to give 20 dollars to a family... well more like 200 pesos! I love you mom!

Makenna,
Hey I love you so much and i am so happy for what kind of decisions you are making in your life. You are an example for me. I know sometimes it is hard in thy youth... but lean on your older brother Christ and he will help you!
Love you

Dad, I hope you have enjoyed a great week and that your talk went well , i also hope Moms talk went well on the baptism. I love you so much, there is not one day I don`t think about our family!! 
love you 
  Our goal as a zone!

 Pictures, with Elder Bennett and his companion.

 Ward Members

Primary Kids




Dear Family and Friends,
This week has been absolutly Great. As we are getting closer to CHristmas we are feeling the spirit a lot more. I do not know if I have told you but we are trying to baptize 4 people this month and we are doing everyhting we can to be able to find four souls and help them recieve a saving ordinance. We are doing everyhitng possible! 
   The other day we found a man who was baptized in the church 15 years ago and now has a wife and 2 kids. We invited all of them to go to the christmas dinner with us! They all went and loved the dinner!! Our ward is great! But he did nto come to the stake conference we had on Sunday! but they have such a huge desire to com eot churhc That this next week we are going to make better plans with him so they can go to church!
    Also somethign funny this week... Well this morning as i was getting ready to go running I fell off my chair and I was so tired that all i said to my compnaion is... That didn`t hurt and kept putting on my socks and I left... when I came back we realized how weird it was and my companion could not stop laughing!  
    This week we need lots of prayers for htis zone here in litoral... please we need to be able to help these people accept the gospel in tehir lifes... The families we are teaching are, Sotelo family, Escobar Family, and the colman family. 
    I love you all so much, and I hope you all have a great day, I attached a poem that I really loved.
Ladder of hope
I had been in that hole for a very long time In the dark and the damp, in the cold and the slime.The shaft was above me; I could see it quite clear But there's no way I ever could reach it from here. Nor could I remember the world way up there So I lost all my hope and gave in to despair. I knew nothing but darkness, the floor, and the walls Then off in the distance I heard someone call: "Get up! Get ready! There's nothing the matter. Take rocks and old sticks and build up a fine ladder." This had never occurred to me--had not crossed my mind.But I started to stack all the stones I could find. When I ran out of stones, then old sticks were my goal, For one way or another I'd get out of that hole. So I soon had a ladder that was sturdy and tall And I thought, "I'll soon leave this place once and for all." I climbed up my ladder. It was no easy chore, For from lifting those boulders, my shoulders were sore. I climbed on up the ladder, but soon had to stop For my ladder stopped short--some ten feet from the top.I climbed back down my ladder and started to cry I'd done all I could do. I gave my best try. And in spite of my work, in this hole I must die. And all I could do was to sit and think, "Why?" Was my ladder too short? Or my hole much too deep Then from way upon high came a voice, "Do not weep." And then faith, hope, and love entered into my chest As the voice said to me that I'd done my best. He said, "You've worked very hard, and your labor's been rough, But the ladder you've built is at last tall enough. Do not despair. You have reason to hope just climb up your ladder; I'll throw down my rope." I climbed up the ladder, then climbed up the cord. When I got to the top, there stood the Lord. I couldn't be happier; my struggle was done. I blinked in the brightness that came from the Son. I fell to the ground, His feet did I kiss I cried, "What can I do to repay thee for this?" Then He looked all about Him. There were holes in the ground They had people inside, and were seen all around There were thousands of holes that were damp, dark, and deep The the Lord turned to me and He said, "Feed my sheep." Then He went on His way to help other lost souls, And I got right to work, calling down to the holes: "Get up! Get ready! There's nothing the matter.Take rocks and old sticks and build up a fine ladder." It now was my turn to spread the good word. The most glorious message that man ever heard. That there's one who is willing to save one and all And we've got to be ready when He gives the call. He'll pull us all out of the hole that we're in And save all our souls from death and from sin. So do not lose faith; there is reason to hope just build up your ladder; He'll throw down His rope 

I hope we can share this message of the gospel of Jesus Christ to help them know that we can all build a ladder and leave the hole we are in! SHARE THE GIFT-Who will you share it with?? 
I love you all so much! 
Love,
Elder Troy Hicks

No comments:

Post a Comment