Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Parque Avellaneda/Elder Rodriquez & DL??

 Noelia Baptism

 Tennis w/ Elder Compos

 Troy!!!

New Comp~ Elder Rodriguez

Dear Family,
Wow, this week has been great! have learned so much from my campanion. also I am leaving Josè C. Paz and I am gong to go to a place named Parque Avellaneda. It is closer to the capital.
My new companions name is Elder Rodriguez and he is from Panama. He really is such a great Elder. Also guess what, Elder Barragan is my zone Leader! and I will be able to work with him a couple times this transfer! It is going to be so fun! I love the mission.
I am really going to miss Elder Campos, he is going to be with another Elder named Elder Stewart from the USA.
Also yes, Noelia is the women in the picture with the baby, she really is so great!, yesterday we had a family home evening with a member family named ´the Contreras family and we watched the video how to find faith in Christ. she started crying and bore her testimony of the church and how she knows it is true. I truly love her and i am so glad she has joined the church she really is such a great lady. Also this week sister Luna has been going to the chúrch with Abirl, she went out with us to preach and she bore her testimony to so many people.
I am going to miss Josè C. Paz a lot but I am so glad to be in this new area.
From the emails I can`t believe that Makenna is already going to drive and also she is already going to date! I know she will continue making the right decisions in her life!
Tell her i love her and to be safe during her date!
Scripture to read: Doctrine and covenants 18: 15 and 16 it is so great. Keep inviting people to go the temple and I am so glad that we, as a family are all involved in this work together, I think about all of you often and I Love you all so much.
Love,
Elder Hicks


Also I wanted to tell you that I love you all so much and as members of the church we are all going to have trials but if we stay strong to being obedient the Lord will provide for us a way out of our trials and he will also show us the why of everything.

Love,

Elder Hicks 


We also received this letter and picture from Troy's previous DL


Hi... Elder Hicks´ mom.... How do you do? I hope that everything goes well...
My name is Elder Fernandez, I´m from Nicaragua. I meet your son, Elder Hicks. Wow! He is a great Elder, I enjoyed to work with him. I´m not his companion but I was as his district leader, these last transfers... now he went to another area as District Leader too.... wow... when I realised of that i was very happy on that news.... oooh I called him and I gave him my congratulations and i Said him that i am so proud of him....!!!! I am so happy for Elder Hicks..The People say him " CariHicks" (by Charity- Hicks) =)
Do you know? your son is awesome, when we made divisions the last transfer... I could see in him a good represent of The Lord Jesus Christ and his dedication to serve his Heavenly Father.
I love this Church
, this gospel, this dispensation, our Prophet Monson, The Book of mormon .. I know that all these things are true.!!!! Just i want to meet you... ´cause there is a Saying. "Behind a Great Elder, There is a Great mom"... take Care Sister Hicks, and glad to meet you!
Enjoy this week! 
Sincerily, Elder Fernandez
Note: I hope that you can understand me! =S I am learning English.. haha 
Chau…

w/Elder Fernandez







No comments:

Post a Comment