Monday, August 19, 2013

August 19


Tough and Great Week! 
I’m with my new companion Elder Barakat. HE is such a great guy.
Wow every day is so great and every day keeps getting better. 
This week we need prayers for some of the converts that I have been able to see converted. All of them did not go to church this week. And it would be great if you could pray for Elsa, Elba, Carolina, Niels, Branco, and Oriana. It is so hard to see that they are not going to church. And there is only one thing that can help them, and that is god. Thank you so much. 
Also Elder Barakat is such a great missionary. We are trying our best.
Mom, Dad, Brennan, Makenna, I love you so much and I am so glad that little by little we are coming closer to god and Christ. 
My companion and I this morning were talking a little bit about conversion and a testimony. Sometimes for me it is so frustrating, as I try so hard and I keep failing to follow the spirit or to follow all of the rules of the mission and I keep failing. I want so bad to be converted because I know it the only place I can really be happy.
We brought up Alma the younger and his conversion process, my companion said ¨Alma was not converted after he saw an Angel, but it says after many days of fasting and prayer was when he was converted. I know that after I have tried my best with prayer and fasting is when I will truly be converted and sometimes we have to wait because everything is line upon line and precept upon precept.
I love you all so much and I am so glad we are all working so hard to be converted to Christ, and it is not an easy process but I know it is worth it
Love,
Elder Hicks
P.S. Mom the weather is fine and my allergies are great. Even though we pass a horse about every day, I am fine. Thanks for checking on me.
All my love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment