Monday, January 19, 2015

LA Gran Mission

Dear Family and Friends, 
I have a thought a lot about what I was going to write you today. I want you to know that this week has been amazing. The daughters of the Colman Family were baptized and all the family came! what a great experience. During the baptism I had to direct it.. I tried to say a couple of jokes and no one laughed at any of my jokes... hah but it´s okay!) i hope all of you are doing great, I sure do love this time. I wish and hope we can all enjoy every little moment inthis short life that we have.   After the baptism Brother Colman said that he was super Happy. The sister Colman shared her testimony. And  we gave books of Mormón to all the family!) all in all in went very well! except for the part about my jopkes that weren´t that funny... at least i tried.
Also this week IT started to RAIN very hard. and we decided WOW we need ot take advantage of this sopportunity to find a family! so we started talkign to all the people we could....( their was no one in the street) wwe started to knock all the doors, one lady told us we had to go to a business to find shelter...! ja finally in one house we found shelter and we gave the family a book of mormon and the dad wa really apreciative to recieve the book and told us he was goingto read it. The Lord blesses us as we sacrifice for him. 
Yea, and cry unto God for all thy support; yea, let all thy doings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord;  yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea,let the   affections of thy heart be  placed upon  the Lord forever. (ALma 37:36)
Somwtimes we have diffucult weeks... and we want to keep growing but we have not seen the results that we ecpect... I want more, I espected more... I acrificed more but it seems that I am having the same result... why? 
Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct theefor  good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord,   that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thourisest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and  if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day. (Alma 37:37) 
the Lord will counsel us and as we listen he will guide us!
1. Colman Family
2.Colman Family
Love you so much! 
Love,
Elder Hicks



Colman Family


Thank you so much Mom and Dad for looking for opportunities for me to work and to study. I do not know where I would be without you two in my life. Love you so much. my companion wanted to know if you could find... pelon pelon rico its a candy from mexico. 
Also I would love to work with Brother Albrecht before I go to college. It would really be very fun. 
I did recieve the letters form the primary kids... I am so sorry I forgot to write them. I recieved the letters on christmas day. They really were very great! 

I think I´ll send a little e mail to you next week, i need to take them out and read from who they were from, The little Raif sent me one! ja love you so much my great family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment