Sunday, February 24, 2013

Farewell Sunday

Troy gave his farewell talk today in Sacrament meeting.  He did such an awesome job and the spirit sure was at the meeting.  Troy wore my Dad's orange, silk tie.  It is a dig at me.  I didn't like this tie when I was younger.  I thought it was hideous in color and my Dad would wear it just to mess with me.  If I had to give a talk or anything in church he would be sure to have it on.  Both Brennan and Troy have worn it at their farewells.  It's funny but I really don't mind it now.  It sure beats some of the things Troy has brought home from Savers to wear.

Blake and Troy

Lauren and Troy
Blake, Hailey, and Troy

Troy and Jackson

Brittney, Hayden Dille,Sam, Troy, Michelle

Megan and Troy

Shelley, Bob, Hannah Cooper and Troy

This helmet was special gift from the coopers.  It was Steve's helmet when he and Troy played football in Junior high.  Shelley had a dream one night that while Troy was on his mission he wore this helmet while out tracking on his bike.  So she decorated it with Scriptures and presented it to him today.  Troy loves this family so much.  We are blessed to have so many people care for him.

President Barker, Troy, Bishop Albrecht, and Troy's YW President, Marty Smith

Troy was set apart as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints on February 24, 2013 by President Barker.  Troy was asked to be obedient and to be patient while serving his mission.  I know he will do his best to do both.

No comments:

Post a Comment